The 1st New Zealand International Brass Competition
Application deadline: 5th January, 2021
Video submission deadline: 5th January, 2021
Competition result will be announced on the 28th of January, 2021
1. No piano accompaniment required for this competition. However, candidates are welcome
to use a piano accompaniment.
2. All video needs to be recorded after June.1st. 2020.
3. Each piece can be recorded and submitted in an individual video file.
4. Candidates are welcome to use Alto trombone in tenor trombone categories, and
contrabass trombone in bass trombone category.
5. Baritone and Euphonium are will be competing in the same categories.
6. Cimbasso is welcomed in tuba categories.
7. The result of the competition will be announced on Jan.28.2021 online during the welcoming
speech of the NZIBF 2021 Festival.
8. The organizers reserve the right to amend the rules if necessary. These rules are obligatory
9. All data provided by competitors will be handled according to current privacy laws. The
decisions of the jury are final with no exceptions or room for open discussion. The jury will
decide whether or not they award a prize in a category if the competitor's performance is of an
1. The video should be recorded in landscape / 16:9 format.
2. Absolutely no editing of any kind within a solo piece, but candidates are allowed to trim the
beginning or end of each video file.
3. The repertoire can be submitted in two separate videos, all videos needs to be recorded
from one single, uninterrupted camera angle.
4. The performer should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance.
5. Recordings lower than 480p will now be admitted.
6. The video file should be named 'your name + birthdate + category', for example: "John
Smith 01.25.2009 Tenor Trombone Young Artist".
7. Please send your video file to our email address (email@example.com) via
wetransfer, dropbox, google drive, or mailbigfile. For candidates live in China, we also accept Baidu
8.Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, AVI, WMV. We welcome recordings made
by cellphone. ( Please don't send your video in .MOV format. )
9. We will accept your application upon receiving your video file and payment.